Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Last letter of Paramaz Kızılbaş martyred in Kobanê

The last letter written by MLKP fighter Suphi Nejat Ağırnaslı – also known by his codename Paramaz Kızılbaş – has been read out-loud at a memorial for Nejat at his Alma mater, Boğaziçi University.
Nejat, who was a member of the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Turkey (MLKP), is reported to have left the letter for his family and friends before leaving for Kobanê. Nejat lost his life fighting alongside the YPG in the defense of the city on October 5th. 

I have lived life and learned much from those who have been a part of my life. I made a choice with what I have learned and I became a witness to the truth, or to truths.  Within life’s dialectic I have passed to the other pole and hope that it will be for the good. I was born as an ordinary person and I am saying goodbye to you as an ordinary person as well. I know that I often left you halfway down the road, that I sometimes acted clumsily and was sad for it, that I had become sad. Forgive me for the last time.
I have made a choice as an ordinary youth and from nothing but the ordinary contradictions. Above all else I made this choice for myself. I haven’t set out for some lofty belief. All I wanted to do is bring some spark to the lives of unlofty people, to a world without a spark, to a world which has been reified. I have learned that I will not get past my own contradictions, and that insomuch that these are social to map out the contradictions of people only. And I have learned to be able to work toward socializing them to a higher degree. This is the closest point in my life that I have come to the truth.
I was born a fugitive in Söke. A Turkish Duisburger, Cluberger. Anyhow, as for it being Turkey I have no regrets. Every calamity in life is in fact supposed to be an opportunity which can contribute in some way when one seeks to gain from it. My only concern was never to grow up, to never be a part of the world of grown-ups, to remain a child forever…now just like Peter Pan I am going off to Neverland, never to grow up. There is nothing that could have made me happier.
With the wish that you lay the seeds for the emergence of ordinary heroes that will bring a spark to the lives of ordinary working people in the west of Turkey, and that you create a vanguard and rearguard organization that will be devoted to the search for truth.
Every heart is a revolutionary cell!!!
To the power of imagination!!!

No comments: